2017 LAY'S FLAVOR ALL STARS PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND PUERTO RICO ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR PUERTO RICO AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE 2017 LAY'S FLAVOR ALL STARS PROMOTION ("PROMOTION"), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR'S INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, joint promotion partners, participating retailers, prize providers, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or "step") of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time ("CT") on October 16, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 25, 2017 ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period is divided into forty-one (41) daily entry periods (each a "Day"). A "Day" is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. The computer of Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, purchase any specially-marked bag of Lay's® Cheesy Garlic Bread Potato Chips, Lay's® Wasabi Ginger Potato Chips, Lay's ® Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese Potato Chips or Lay's® Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper (each an "All Stars Flavor"), while supplies last, and look for the Combined Code. The Combined Code consists of the bell-marker code located below the "guaranteed fresh" statement on the front of the bag AND the UPC code on the back of the same bag (altogether a "Combined Code"). See Web Site (defined below) for an explanation of how to identify both components of a Combined Code. Not all participating products may be available in all areas. To obtain a Combined Code without making a purchase, send a 3" x 5" card or piece of paper with your full name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth and email address and indicate an All Stars Flavor (Cheesy Garlic Bread, Wasabi Ginger, Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese or Lay's® Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper) to be received by November 20, 2017, to: 2017 Lay's Flavor All Stars Combined Code Request, PO Box 760005, Dept. 880-770, El Paso, TX 88576-0005. One (1) Combined Code set will be emailed to the email address provided. If you did not specify an All Stars Flavor, one will be randomly assigned to you. Limit one (1) request per outer-mailing envelope.
Once you have obtained a Combined Code, visit www.LaysFlavorAllStars.com ("Web Site") and follow the on-screen instructions to register and input your Combined Code. Limit three (3) Combined Code submissions per day.
If you enter Combined Codes from different All Stars Flavors, you earn additional entries into the corresponding Daily Drawing. Here's how it works:
For each Day,
- if you enter a Combined Code from one (1) All Stars Flavor you will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Daily Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing;
- if you enter two (2) Combined Codes from two (2) different All Stars Flavors you will receive a total of four (4) entries into the corresponding Daily Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing;
- if you enter three (3) Combined Codes from three (3) different All Stars Flavors you will receive a total of six (6) entries into the corresponding Daily Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing.
- You will only receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing per Day, regardless of the number of Combined Codes you entered for a given Day.
- In order to receive the maximum number of entries for a given Daily Drawing, you must enter Combined Codes from different All Stars Flavors. For example, if you enter three (3) Combined Codes in a single Day, and those Combined Codes are from three (3) bags of the same All Stars Flavor, you will only receive three (3) entries into the corresponding Daily Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing.
No other form of entry is valid. All participants must have a valid email address. In the event of an identity dispute, an entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for entry.
Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all entries will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
Daily Drawings: Two (2) winners will be selected for each Day of the Promotion Period in a random drawing to be held on or about each business day following the applicable Day from eligible entries received for a given Day (each a "Daily Drawing"). Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Daily Drawings.
Grand Prize Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about November 27, 2017 from eligible entries received for the Grand Prize Drawing.
All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for a given drawing. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person/household. A Daily Prize winner is eligible to win the Grand Prize.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize winner will receive a 2018 Volkswagen Atlas ("Vehicle") and $5,600 (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). Approximate Retail Value: $40,000. Winner may take a cash alternative of a total of $32,000 in lieu of the Vehicle and $5,600. Winner will be required to provide a current, valid U.S. driver's license from their state or place of residence in the United States or Puerto Rico and proof of insurance/registration before taking possession of the Vehicle; failure to show same may result in prize forfeiture. Any vehicle displayed or pictured in promotional/advertising materials may not be the actual vehicle awarded. Registration, title, licensing fees, applicable taxes (including, but not limited to, sales taxes and income taxes), insurance and costs associated with the Vehicle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the Vehicle, if applicable, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner does not have a choice of color, package or options, which will be determined by the Sponsor and are subject to availability. Any upgrades or options not on Vehicle as delivered are solely the responsibility and are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Vehicle including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. Winner must take delivery of Vehicle within thirty (30) days of notification of location/delivery details or prize is forfeited.
Daily First Prizes (41; 1 per Day for the Promotion Period): Each Daily First Prize winner will receive one (1) Custom-Skinned Beats by Dre headphones. ARV: $199 each.
Daily Second Prizes (41; 1 per Day for the Promotion Period): Each Second Prize winner will receive one (1) $100 gift card (subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer).
Winners must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $52,259.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor's parent or legal guardian. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, email and/or mail. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification by fax, email or mail. Potential Daily Prize winners will be notified by email and/or mail. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's mailing address or email address. If (i) potential winner does not respond to the initial prize notification, (ii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (iii) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (iv) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited. Daily Prizes will be shipped within four (4) to eight (8) weeks of the Promotion end date. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail or entries. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES' NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
By participating in the Promotion, participants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if participants are minors) release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion. By accepting a prize, recipients (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if recipients are minors) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize, including any travel related thereto and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor's authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
8. DISCLAIMER: Combined Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Combined Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Combined Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Combined Code, while supplies last. Combined Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Combined Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except as stated in these Official Rules and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer's standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and Puerto Rico and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 29, 2017 to: Lay's Flavor All Stars Promotion Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 880-770, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2017 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.